Skip to main content

How I Increase My Confidence Level? - An Experience To Share

 



Some people-including me, of course, we ever feel so nervous when we should speak or do a presentation in front of people, let’s say when we should do it in public.

Yes, I did, and sometimes I still make mistakes because my legs turn into a jelly when I speak in front of the audience. It is no small deal to face it. For me, it takes a long time to make myself can handle it well. I try no to feel ashamed when meeting someone new; read some books which contain how to increase our confidence level’s part; I pay attention to those who have an extrovert style and learn how they get speaking by strangers naturally. I started to do them since I was in university, and you know, not all of those steps are work well for me. I still can’t get confidence when the lecture asked me to do a presentation by myself, at least, when did the presentation in two, I prefer chosen to be an operator of the slides to show the entirety of the class.

When it came closer to my final thesis test and presentation, I had thought I need to grow my confidence to present something to the public slowly. Some books and the quotes I had read told me that It can’t grow easily and naturally, I need to train it. Then, luckily, as I graduated from the university I enter a company that manages the MICE Venue as the trainee in the Marketing&Sales Team Division. The company and my teammates helped so much to answer my difficulties, even though it was my first job experience. I learn how to communicate as a team. From it I know that minor mistakes in the internal team are okay as long we got the lesson for causing it and promise not to do it anymore. Then, after one of my senior resigned, I pointed to have a fulltime position in the team. I was getting more chances to gain my level up my confidence bar due to my job description as the Sales Executive in the organization. I made a call to the clients, visited them; they are my task that increases my experience level.

Besides my job above, I joined, or to be exact, I was pointed to continue the reading community that had been vacuumed for a while in my city. I like reading books, I like to gather with someone else to read together, but when I was pointing to be a PIC for the community I have a lot of worries to handle it. Fortunately, some friends really help me to handle it together. Again, I learned how to speak up in public when I joined the community. Also, I learn to handle events of the community every month. It was challenging, but it was fun because I did it with my friends who have a similar interest as me.

From some experience I had, I can tell you some suggestions for you who still have problems got nervous when you do a job interview or presentation wherever you are doing your job. I hope these suggestions are useful for you all:

First of all. Go find your passion and your community. As I said before, I like reading and I meet friends who have similar interests with me; furthermore, they make me comfortable for sharing some stuff related to what we are interested in. It’s the first step you can choose to try to speak in front of the audience in public.


Secondly. Be a part of an organization. For being a crew, it will a bit force you to keep communicating with other people, moreover, if you get a position a PR (public relation) in the organization which you should communicate with external side, it will add more values to your speaking point.


Thirdly. Be active. I mean, if you are already in the organization or you are working right now, be active to start a conversation with other employees or your teammates. A simple greeting, maybe, can be a good starter of your conversation. I remind you not to mention or ask someone about his/her marital status: like married or unmarried, etc., or asking them about their pray or religion, they are so personal and you shouldn’t ask for them whatever you do and wherever you are. Based on my experiences above, I will get to know about it slowly without asking it directly.


Alright, I think that’s all that I can share with you and they are truly had to be right for me. So, I hope you get the points, as well.

Anyway, thank you for visiting this #blogsocialdiary. I may see you guys on another story to share here. See you! ^^


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7 The Most Handsome Male-Badminton Players + 2019's Highlights version of Alika's Social Diary

Dajia hao!  Hello, everyone! Before you guys read my first blogpost in 2020, I suggest you   to re-read this one [ click the link ]. Y ou should re-read it first, then I am sure that you are going to familiar with what I have posted here. DISCLAIMER: The badminton players who are in the nominees’ list, had taken from BWF ranking update in December of17 th , 2019, which three days after final day of BWF World Tour Final 2019 was held. It can say the players in the list are the players with good-looking appearances and have great performances in 2019. Hereby, I could write as my subjective insight, but also I kept my eye to online badminton lovers’ insights. Shall we go on? First of all, I started to choose the players nominees are in the great 20 of men singles and mixed doubles’ world ranking. While for men doubles scction, I had taken them among the great 16 (if we calculated the great 16 of men doubles is equals to 20 men singles in combine with 20 male players of mixe

Top 7 The Most Beautiful Badminton-Female Players

Dajia hao! Sekian lama nggak bikin topik badminton, kali ini tangan sudah bergetar untuk menambahkan tulisan ini dan melengkapi tulisan yang pada waktu itu sempat diposting, “ The Most Handsome Badminton-Male Players ”. Pemain muda dari Taiwan, Wang Tzu Wei berhasil mencuri pandangan dan perhatian secara berlebih, akhirnya doi menjadi pemilik nomor satu! Nah, itu adalah “Prince”-nya, sekarang aku mau mencari siapa yang menjadi “Princess”-nya. Apakah si Putri akan berasal dari negara yang sama dengan sang Pangeran? Okay, simak yukk.. Aku mulai dengan memilih nominasi dari masing-masing sektor dulu deh ya? Mulai dari Women Singles, Women Doubles, dan pastinya cewek-cewek dari Mixed Double juga diperhitungkan dong... *DISCLAIMER : Pilihan nominasi ini kuambil berdasarkan 25 ranking BWF masing-masing sektor WS, WD, XD tanggal 1 April 2019 (BWF last update: 28 Maret 2019) . TOP 5 beautiful player badminton Women Singles : 1. Nitchaon Jindapol [Thailand] 2.   Aya

3 Pasangan Beda Usia Paling Favorit - Opini #blogsocialdiary

  Aku mau sedikit saja mencurahkan opini, pendapat, perasaanku disini, oke? Karena hal ini sedikit banyak (sekali) mengganggu otakku bekerja secara normal, bahkan sampai kebawa mimpi. Bukan bermaksud lebay, tapi, ya begitulah. Selanjutnya, biar T2 yang menjelaskan inti postingan berikut lewat salah satu lagu mereka, Bronis: Sebelumnya aku sekalian mau menyapa Para Penikmat musik C-pop (Chinese-pop) di Indonesia nih. Teman-teman Pecinta C-pop pasti kenal dong ya, sama boysgroup asal Tiongkok beranggotakan tiga  cowok muda dan super duper manis, TF Boys? Pasti pernah dengar dong, masa nggak? Hehehe. Iya, yang salah seorang personelnya, Yang Yi Qianxi atau Jackson Yee pernah datang ke Jakarta. Tepatnya saat penutupan event Asian Games 2018. Sayangnya, dua rekan Yi Qianxi itu, Wang Junkai dan Wang Yuan tidak ikut hadir karena kabarnya saat itu nasib grup TF Boys memang sedang terombang-ambing dan ditepi jurang perpisahan.  Eits, kali ini bukan soal Group TF Boys yang mau kutulis dihalaman